Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) is applied during the production process to improve reliability and reduce warranty costs. ESS is a screening method used to precipitate and find defects caused by various forms of environmental stress thus exposing manufacturing process problems that would cause a failure in normal field environments including shipping, storage and use. DES is capable of performing ESS to commercial or military specifications which will uncover flaws in products when exposed to challenging environmental stresses.
- Temperature range of -100°C to +200°C (-148°F to +400°F)
- Temperature rate of change up to 60°C/minute
- Random vibration up to 50 Grms & 3,000 Hz frequency range
- Custom production ESS fixtures designed & built
Why Choose DES for Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)?
- We have the experience to develop or improve your ESS program. Let DES write your ESS plan!
- We have the experience & equipment required to execute a successful ESS program.
- Manufacturers are currently subcontracting their ESS to DES with great success.
- We are capable of handling high volume projects.
- It may be more economical and efficient for DES to perform your ESS since we already have the specialized equipment and facilities in place.
- We can provide total process and data management in production. We will conform to your quality and reporting requirements including supplying pass/fail certificates with every product.
Related Case Studies
Want more information about our environmental stress screening services? Click here to view our case study.