Is your product rugged enough to survive loads due to shipping, dropping, transportation, and harsh environments? Can it withstand forces from a riding in a car or truck, flying in a rocket or a helicopter? Let DES prove its durability in our world class accredited lab. DES performs shock, vibration, and acceleration testing for aerospace, automotive, medical, telecom, and military industries. We test to many specifications such as MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD-202, MIL-STD-810, RTCA/DO-160, General Motors, SAE, ISTA & IEC.
What sets us apart from other labs is our in depth experience and technical capability to understand and reproduce the most complicated vibration and shock profiles. We have the expertise to correlate between test and field loads. DES has tested to the most complex vibration and shock requirements on products that are used in outer space, rockets, missiles, automotive & truck environments, military environments, hospitals, etc.
Types of Dynamic Tests
- Combined Temperature & Vibration Testing: Combined Temperature & Vibration Testing is performed with a special chamber placed over top of an electrodynamic vibration shaker. Our chamber and vibration shaker systems are calibrated and can simulate the most extreme environments. DES has completed numerous combined temperature and vibration tests on aerospace, military, and automotive products. Learn more about Combined Temperature & Vibration Testing
- Constant Acceleration Testing: DES has a large centrifuge capable of performing Constant Acceleration Testing. Constant Acceleration Testing exposes items to steady state inertia loads such as would be experienced in aircraft, missiles, etc. Our centrifuge has many slip rings to operate and functional test your product while it is under constant G Forces. DES is an accredited lab and has performed many Constant Acceleration Tests. Find out more about Constant Acceleration Testing
- Pyroshock, Ballistic Shock, SRS Testing: Pyroshocks occur when an explosive event occurs in a structure such as when explosive bolts are used to separate the stages of rockets or missiles. Ballistic Shocks occur when a projectile impacts a structure. A high G-level, high frequency shock impulse is the result of these specialized shock events. The shock pulse is then characterized with a Shock Response Spectrum (SRS) curve. It is important to evaluate whether your product can survive these shocks to determine if it can still perform its critical function. DES can simulate the most complex shock and SRS waveforms in their accredited shock test lab. Discover more about Pyroshock, Ballistic Shock, SRS Testing
- Shock Testing: Shocks occur everyday from drops, driving over pot holes, mishandling, usage in automotive, military, aerospace environments, etc. It is important to evaluate how well your product will hold up during shock events since it is likely to experience some shocks during its lifetime. DES has extensive shock test experience and can simulate the most complex shocks in their accredited shock test lab. DES’s experienced test engineers can help you with your shock test requirements. Learn more about Shock Testing
- Vibration Testing: Every product will see some sort of vibration in its lifetime. DES has performed numerous vibration tests on aerospace, automotive, medical, telecom, and military products. Whether its sinusoidal, random or mixed mode vibration testing, we can do it! DES has the knowledge and experience to accelerate the vibration test levels to reduce test time. We have the knowledge, experience to help you with your vibration test and we are an accredited vibration test lab! Find out more about Vibration Testing