DES recently performed package testing per ASTM standard, ASTM D7386-12. The test included shipping vibration testing which was conducted on DES’s Unholtz Dickie ED Shaker System. ASTM D7386-12 requires packages to withstand random vibration levels of approximately ½ Grms over the frequency range 1 – 200 Hz. This test is meant to simulate environments these packages could see in the field. It is extremely important for manufacturers to test the effectiveness of their package designs prior to product shipment. Shipping environments can put a lot of stress on products.
Improper package design can cause products to fail when the customer receives the product. Environments such as high altitude, temperature, humidity, vibration and shock are common for most packages. High return rates due to damage during shipment can cripple a company’s bottom line. Prevent this from happening and send DES your packages to test!
Other package testing standards DES is capable of include (but not limited to):
- ISTA 1 Series
- ISTA 2 Series
- ISTA 3 Series
- ASTM D3580 Vibration (Vertical Linear Motion) Test of Products
- ASTM D4169 Performance Testing of Shipping Containers and Systems
- ASTM D4728 Random Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers
- ASTM D7386 Performance Testing of Packages for Single Parcel Delivery Systems
- ASTM D999 Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers